Monday, July 30, 2012

Leather Vest

I've had an oversized leather vest in my closet for a couple years now, never worn. It's cute but I could never seem do to anything about the way the lapels stuck out so I put it away and didn't look back. But then I figured out a simple way to fix it (not sure why I didn't think of this before)! All I had to do was sew down the top and bottom, 10 minutes and it's perfect. So now I'm coming up with a bunch of ideas of how to wear it. The one above are two of them. A vest over a long white tee is comfortable in a chic way for autumn. To keep the color to a minimum black jeans or leggings work and then a mix of different accessories give the outfit a different feel. For a busy day running around town, my lovely leopard loafers are comfy, plus a bright bag and rings to add some quirk. For a night out, cool studded heels and a deep red clutch add a sophisticated edge to the plain ensemble. Other ideas consist of swithcing out the jeans for light-wash cutoffs (works for summer nights). Or throw it on over a band tee (Aerosmith, the beatles) for a literal rock'n'roll look. It even works with a romper and sandal heels for a starbucks trip in the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment