Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Update!



I have been thinking a lot about what I will be wearing when the school year comes back around. Specifically about versatile pieces that will make me stand out amongst the rest of my classmates who think bedazzled yoga pants will suffice, but still be comfy and easy enough to get into in the cold gray mornings of fall. So during the Nordstrom Annual Sale this weekend, I went with my family and friend (Kelly) and invested in some Steve Madden shoes to start. First I bought these leopard loafers (instead of the pointed flat, didn't look right on me). In my opinion, Steve Madden has the best leopard prints ever and yes I am picky about animal print. Very easy to slip on with a pair of jeans (colored or no) a loose tee or tank, leather jacket, and go. I also plan on wearing it with a black shirtdress of mine from Urban Outfitters. Next I finally bought combat boots, again by the amazing Steve Madden. With silver studs on the toe and heel they're edgy and bold enough not blend with the sea of combat boots being worn at my school. Lastly I went up to BP (where, have I mentioned, I will be apart of the Fashion Board this coming September? Very excited, not sure what's in store but looking to find out) and bought a beautiful black cotton maxi dress. Pictures will definitely be coming soon. Some tips for fall key pieces: Colored denim (look for jewel tones, emerald, ruby, sapphire, or my favorite maroon or even mustard). A pair of awesome black boots, may they be combat, motorcycle, suede, flat or heeled. Cool jewelry that will dress up any plain outfit, a cool pair of loafers or flats with something special, and lastly a big comfy sweater (mine is in mint and goes with so many of my things).
And to wrap up this very long and informative post, I added a picture of my Strawberry Shortcake that I made. Twas delicious.
--
Stay stylish

No comments:

Post a Comment